Thursday, March 15, 2012

Viva la Vida!

Listen to Coldplay
and fill in the gaps
with the words in bold:






would - king - singing - world (2) - blew - head - used - mornings
     couldn't - streets  - sound - ringing - walls - eyes - cannot



I used to rule the 1__________
seas would rise when I gave the word
now in the 2__________ I sweep alone
sweep the 3__________ I used to own
I 4___________ to roll the dice
feel the fear in my enemy's 5 __________
listen as the crowd 6___________ sing:
now the old king is dead! Long live the king!”
One minute I held the key
next the 7 __________ were closed on me
and I discovered that my castles stand
upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand.

Chorus
I hear Jerusalem bells are 8 __________
Roman cavalry choirs are 9 __________
be my mirror my sword and shield
my missionaries in a foreign field
for some reason I 10_________ explain
once you go there was never, never an honest word
that was when I ruled the 11 _____________

It was the wicked and wild wind
12__________ down the doors to let me in
shattered windows and the 13 _________ of drums
people 14 ________ believe what I'd become
revolutionaries wait
for my 15 ________ on a silver plate
just a puppet on a lonely string
oh who would ever want to be 16 __________ ?

Chorus